LASER 1 UPGRADE OVERVIEW
The Laser 1 upgrade is an additional amount of training individuals can take to learn how to use a ULS laser cutter. Individuals will not be allowed to use the laser until they have obtained the Laser 1 upgrade.
- Upgrades must be completed within 45 days of applying. Failure to meet the 45 day deadline will result in all progress towards the upgrade being removed
- Blue, red, or green permit
STEPS TO COMPLETE LASER 1
- Have a blue, red, or green permit
- Apply for the Laser 1 upgrade*
- Complete the Laser 1 quiz
- Enroll in and attend a Laser 1 seminar (see below for more information)
*Individuals will only be able to see upgrades in EMU for which they have completed the prerequisites.
LASER 1 SEMINAR
This seminar will familiarize individuals with the safe operation of a ULS laser cutter.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Enroll in a Laser 1 seminar*
- Wear appropriate clothing as defined by the safety policy
- Arrive on time. Individuals who show up more than five minutes late will be marked as absent. Individuals who are marked as absent will be unable to register for another seminar for one week.
*Individuals will only be able to sign up for seminars in EMU for which they have completed the prerequisites.
HOW TO ENROLL
Seminar dates, times, and locations are posted in EMU under the “My Status” page. If no seminars are currently available you may add yourself to the waiting list. When a seminar becomes available you will receive an email notifying you that you can now enroll (the wait list does not automatically enroll you). At this time it is not possible to be both enrolled in a seminar and on a wait list for the same seminar. You will also only be able to see seminars for which you have completed the prerequisites.