This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Permit Upgrade and Use
A CoE permit (blue, red OR green is sufficient), paid materials fee for this semester, and Laser Cutter 1 upgrade (CoE Students) are required. Laser Cutter upgrade seminar dates, times, and locations are posted in EMU under the “My Status” page.
The Makerspace has a desktop computer dedicated to prepping files for the Laser Cutter. You are welcome to use this File Prep Station or to bring your file in on a thumb drive.
Check-In with Student Staff at Your Reserved Time
- Please show up for your reservation on time. Check-in with the front desk and they will direct you to your station.
- The student staff member will log into the laser cutter using their personal CAE account and help you load the file and material. The light above the Laser Cutter will turn green for the duration of your cut.
- Once the laser is cutting, the user is responsible for monitoring the cut until finished and press the pause or e-off if anything looks weird (e-off if there’s a fire).
- Once the user’s job is completed, the light above the Laser Cutter will turn red. Users should let staff know they are finished and the student staff will log off of the machine.
Equipment Specs & Software
|Universal||ILS9.150D-150||1||150W (2x75W) lasers, 36” x 24” x 12” bed||Blue + Laser Cutter 1 Upgrade||Manufacturer’s Manual||Specs|
Click here for a complete list of equipment.
- Laser Processing Area = 36” x 24”
- Maximum material cut depth = .5”
You will need a 2D vector file, which can have the following file types: .dxf, .ai, .pdf
These files can be generated from multiple software packages including:
The Makerspace has a computer available for file prep – just look for the file prep station near the laser cutter. CAE login not required.