Would you like to create a gift and/or do a special project for your organization? For example:
- A gift for a donor or alumni
- A custom item for a retiring faculty member
- Engraved name plates for staff offices
We would be happy to help you with your project! Though it’s important to understand that our mission is to train and support others in making, not to do the making ourselves (i.e. fee-for-service). So someone from your organization will need to manage and execute the project – we’ll provide the training and access to our equipment needed to realize your vision.
Here are the steps:
- Identify a student, faculty and/or staff member from your organization that will lead the project.
- This person(s) should reach out to our staff based on the technology needed (e.g. 3D printing is here, contact info at the bottom of each webpage). Our staff can help determine if your idea is feasible using our equipment. They may also suggest commercially available alternatives (e.g. existing products or services). If you’re unsure who to contact, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In some cases formal training is required (e.g. attend a laser cutter hands-on training session). Our staff should be able to point you in the right direction, though you can also check out the training we offer here.
- Arrange time(s) to come into our shops to complete the project.