This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
|Make||Model||Qty||Type and Features||Permit Required|
|OMAX||protoMAX||1||12×12” bed waterjet cutter||Red|
[-] The Following Materials (up to 1” thick) May be Cut:
- Nearly any metal (Steel, brass, aluminum, copper, titanium, etc.)
- Most kinds of stone
- Most kinds of plastic
- Most kinds of non-tempered glass
- Well bonded laminates such as most carbon fiber
Cannot be Cut:
- Tempered glass (shatters when cut, or shortly thereafter)
- Some super hard ceramics such as Alumina (cuts too slow to be practical)
- Materials considered hazardous should not be cut (lead, etc.).
The Omax Layout and Make software is installed on the CAE computers in the Makerspace + on the laptop that student staff use to run the waterjet. You can also download it for free on your Windows computer here to learn / use the software ahead of time.
Note that you can also import 2D drawings into Layout from CAD, Illustrator, etc.