August 7, 2018 Update
As a reminder from earlier communications, Wendt Commons Library closed in May and is in the midst of moving services, staff and actively used collections to Steenbock Library. We have made good progress on moving our high-use collections over the summer and the final phase of this transition begins on Friday, August 24, 2018.
What this means for you:
- August 23: This is the last day to request items from the Wendt collection to be sent to other campus locations or to be delivered. On August 24th the collection will be temporarily inaccessible until items arrive in their new location. Relocation is anticipated to be completed by early January 2019.
- By August 23: Reserves requests for any items needed for the fall semester must be submitted to ensure that they remain accessible.
- August 24-Early January 2019: Request materials via interlibrary loan (ILL) until campus copies become available.
- Microfiche is now available in Memorial Library.
As a reminder, faculty and staff now have the option to request materials to be delivered to an on-campus mailbox. If you prefer to pick up items in person, please choose the most convenient campus library.
Library staff continue to be available and are located in Steenbock Library. They will continue to support your research, teaching and learning, along with other colleagues from the UW-Madison Libraries.
Please let us know if you have any further questions by contacting library staff with specific questions regarding access to services, collections, or support from staff.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and best wishes for a successful start to the fall semester!
Where can I find library staff?
- Wendt librarians have been in Steenbock Library since Fall of 2017 and will continue to support your research, teaching and learning, along with other colleagues from the UW-Madison Libraries.
- A library consultation space will be maintained on the CoE campus, to provide a convenient location for students, faculty or staff to meet and work with our librarians.
How can I access the collections?
- Actively used collections are being moved to Steenbock, while any remaining inactive collections will join other Wendt collections that have already been moved to one of our shelving facilities. Microforms will be moved to Memorial Library.
- Reserves were moved to Steenbock last year.
Will I be able to access materials to support my classes?
- Instructors are encouraged to provide us with early notification of items they would like on reserve for the fall semester.
- May 19 – August 23: Collections available by request via the library catalog.
- August 24 – December 28: Collections unavailable; request via ILL.
What does this mean for study spaces?
- Study space will be updated and expanded on the 1st floor of Wendt (more details to come).
- Study space is expected to be available in the Fall with the remaining space renovated by the Spring semester.
Updates will be made throughout the summer and into the fall through the Libraries and CoE websites, email lists, and social media pages. We encourage you to check back frequently for updates to the transition process. Please contact us by emailing email@example.com with specific questions regarding access to services, collections, or staff help!
Find more info here.