Policies for Student Staff:
Report Your Hours:
In order to get paid for your hours, you must do the following:
- Submit your hours worked by the last Saturday of the pay period. Set up a calendar reminder to submit every other week so you get paid timely for your hours.
- Use Deputy to punch in & out for every shift
- Ensure your Deputy time sheet matches hours worked
- Enter your time into UW HR time sheet: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=82812
- To access your timesheet:You can access the MyUW Madison portal at https://my.wisc.edu/ using UW-Madison NETID username and password. On the MyUW Madison portal, the Timesheet can be accessed through the Time and Absence widget.
- To enter time worked, visit MyUW at my.wisc.edu and open the Work Record tab.
- If you do not enter your hours into your HR timesheet in time, you will get locked out of your timesheet and will need to CONTACT HR to correct your timesheet.
Checklists and Tasks:
- Checklists are now on Deputy! Checklists for each shift will show up when you punch in & you’ll receive notifications for tasks specifically assigned to you.
- Step #1: Fill out the form here. The Operations Team will make sure it works on our calendar, get it posted right away to FB, and make posters to promote your event! (along with getting it on UW Calendar, on the sign in form, and other little tasks). If you have any changes, message the Front Desk on Slack to get the details changed right away.
- Guidelines for hosting a workshop (what to do before, during and after the event) can be found here.
- Create a folder for the workshop on the team drive if there isn’t one already.
- If you’re repeating a workshop from last semester (WHICH YOU TOTALLY CAN – SO EASY!), you can just duplicate the previous Facebook event page. If one doesn’t exist yet, please create one using the generic text (found here) and a unique description for the workshop.
- Let Front Desk staff know (via Slack) when your workshop is ready to go live and they’ll handle any artwork that needs updating.
Sign up for Slack here: